Who We Are
We are connected people from all over the world who recognise our interdependence on each other, the environmnet and who believe in business. But feel there is a need to change the way the current system works.
We aim to put fairness and mutual aid, ahead of individual greed into capitalism.
While in each country we advocate in we have specific goals and aims, our overarching goal is in:
GETTING CAPITALISM OPERATING EFFECTIVELY FOR EVERYONE
We believe this is the single best road to growing the economic pie; tackling poverty; addressing economic inequality; stabilising society; preserving important cultural traditions in symbiosis with modernity; preserving our environment and setting individuals free.
We are a small organisation started in 2013 who use modern media as our primary tool of taking the discussion forward. Our back ground, thinking and history can best be summed up in this animation.
Fighting Economic Inequality one firm at a time
- We believe that we are all connected with each other and need to live in an interdependent way with each other and our environment.
- We believe in business and growing the economic pie.
- We believe in democratising capitalism from within firms...while still building the economic pie.
- We recognise the role that money, entrepreneurship & labour play in making it all possible, and ensuring just rewards for each contributor to the pie.
- We believe in putting fairness and mutual aid ahead of individual greed.
- We believe in making capitalism work more effectively for everybody involved ( ie. all stakeholders & the environment).
- Effectiveness leads to efficiency not the other way round, we believe in putting the horse before the cart.
Foundational thinking....for geeks
1 - Man is a social animal and only survives because of his NETWORK, augmented by his capacity to think and work. We are interdependent on each other and our environment and as such most issues we face are of a collective and global nature.
2 - Capitalism manifested by individual firms survive because of their network and need to reflect FAIRLY all contributors to their success from all of their network and their environment.
3 - Capitalism has many benefits but many flaws as well.
4 - Economic studies show Capital adds 30% to new value Creation while the network of workers add 70%.
The owners of Capital and the Entrepreneur capture the majority of the value leaving the workers struggling to survive and not able to capitalise on their contribution.
5 - The economic inequality gap has grown to extremes primarily due to this unfair imbalance of who captures what percentage of new wealth creation.
6 - A debate needs to happen and action taken on The OWNERSHIP of a firms structure.
It needs to change to reflect Individual contributions and prevent structural unfairness going forward as an example say: 30% to Capital; 20% to Entrepreneur/Executive management & 50% to the workers.
7 - A Debate about and action on an annual wealth tax:
Their needs to be a small annual wealth tax say 5% on existing Capital to help redress past inequality and prevent existing owners of capital out pacing new owners of capital due to their advantage of size.
8 - True economic efficiency is a product of effectiveness and needs to take into account all of its costs and inputs, namely its entire network; environment and society that helps make it successful.
9- THE KEYSTONE INDEX OF CAPITALISM SHOULD BE ON MEASURING THE FIRMS EFFECTIVENESS IN ADDRESSING ITS REAL COSTS & CONTRIBUTIONS AND NOT THE RUTHLESS SHORT SIGHTED EFFICIENCY MEASURE THAT IGNORES THESE. THE EFFICIENCY MEASURE AXIOMATICALY FAVOURS SELECTED INTERESTS, WHILE DAMAGING OTHERS IN EFFECT PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE.
- 10 - Man can be cunning and deceptive, as such capitalism needs to operate with the utmost transparency to all stakeholders to reduce the ASYMMETRY of information.
- 11 - It is vital that governments play their part in shaping the markets. complete laisse faire promotes inequality and selected interests. A balance needs to be found between Government INVOLVEMENT and Laisse Faire economic practise..
- 12 - Getting capitalism operating effectively for all its steakholders interests, is the single best road to growing the economic pie; tackling poverty; addressing economic inequality, stabilising society, Preserving important cultural traditions in symbiosis with modernity, preserving our environment, and setting individuals free.